Thursday 22 July 2010

A New Direction

I've been asked by a hair stylist to shoot a model for a new line in hair care products. I've never done anything like this before so I thought 'Bonus! Something other than weddings!' it's coming up on Sunday (weather permitting) and the model in question is a former miss Scotland finalist. How it got to this point from the 'few head shots' I don't know...and don't really care. I like trying new things and it will be good to put my camera to other uses besides just weddings. If I could make money doing my own projects I would be happier of course, but these jobs help fund those projects in the first place.

In other news my IMI (Institute of Medical Illustrators) award submissions were posted the other week. Subjects (good ones) have been a bit thin on the ground the past couple of years so if I win anything it will be a bonus. Anyway here's hoping, I'll find out in a few weeks. Go have a look at previous winners www.imi.org.uk


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPod

No comments:

Post a Comment